USA Tutors, LLC is a for-profit, privately and locally owned and operated facility. All of our tutors and instructors work on a contractual basis, which means that just as we consider it an unwavering obligation to protect your rights as a client, we also must respect and uphold those of the people who provide these services.
Each person who works with us is scheduled to meet with you. When a client doesn't appear for a session or cancels at the last minute, they have deprived other clients from using that slot and leave the instructor/tutor without their intended income for that period. Please note that you pay for a full session (requested timeframe) that was reserved for you. We do not prorate for shorter sessions or ones that you choose not to utilize and don't cancel ahead of time because the tutor has cleared their schedule to work with you and we have already applied the administrative time and paid for the platform for your use. If you know in advance that you will not need a full session or only want a partial one, notify us a minimum of 24 hours in advance and we will happily accommodate you and modify the cost accordingly. (A session canceled at this time will incur no charge.)
Our policies are designed to protect your rights and those of the people here to support you.
- Appointments must be booked and paid for in full 48 hours in advance. If a session or event is already scheduled, we may accept additional participants up to 24 hours in advance of the start time.
- Submitting a request for tutoring is not a guarantee that we can provide the service. We contact our list of specialists for that area and attempt to book someone who meets your needs. A session isn't guaranteed until an instructor is confirmed and the client has paid the invoice in full.
- If we do not receive the paid invoice by 24 hours in advance then the instructor/consultant will be told their services are not needed.
- Please review our "Prices and Packages" page before requesting a tutoring session so that you are aware of your options and the costs.
- Tutoring session costs are determined based upon the number of people taking the same class who are willing to meet at the same time (The more people who attend, the less the cost is to each person.) and the education level of the tutor (The more educated someone is, the higher their hourly rate to compensate for their knowledge level and experience.).
- Last-minute changes to group tutoring: If you are scheduled for a small group tutoring sessions, your hourly rate is dependent upon the number of participants. (Please see our refund policy below.) If you had intended to be part of a smaller group participant (2-4 people) who find that no one else booked that time will be given the option to proceed at a private session rate. However, if you are in these circumstances because other participants simply did not show up (non-documented emergency), your appointment will be honored at the original rate. If people canceled four hours or more in advance, dropping the number of participants, we will inform you ahead of time so you can decide immediately how you want to proceed. If you have not canceled with us by three hours before your session due to a change in enrollment, you will be charged for the size of the session you attend and for the length of the original booking. If you choose not to proceed, we will reschedule you at the time you request and for which we can find a tutor. Please note that your payments will not be refunded under these circumstances.
- Emergencies: We would like to believe everyone when they claim a last-minute emergency, but we kindly request evidence to avoid taking advantage of instructors who have cleared their schedules to meet with you. Any type of official documentation is acceptable: accident report from police or your insurance company noting the date and time, medical documentation, or note on letterhead from a service provider such as a plumber or electrician. With that documentation we will be happy to reschedule you for a mutually convenient time. (If we cannot meet your needs within 72 hours of the time-frame you wish to reschedule then we will offer a full refund.) Please note that we will not issue a refund for a no show or last-minute cancellation unless we cannot accommodate you within that 72-hour time-frame.
Refunds for tutoring, events, and/or workshops:
- Canceled 24 hours or more in advance: 100% refund or the client may choose to apply the balance to a subsequent visit
- Canceled 12-23 hours in advance: 50% refund or 50% of balance applied to a subsequent visit as the tutor has already prepared for the session
- Canceled 6-11 hours in advance: 25% refund or 50% of balance applied to a subsequent visit as the tutor has already prepared for the session and declined alternative work
- Canceled 2-5 hours in advance: no refund
- Canceled less than 2 hours in advance for a non-documented emergency: no refund
- Canceled less than 2 hours in advance for a documented (official note on letterhead) emergency: no refund for a workshop or event but 50% will be applied to a subsequent session unless we are unable to arrange a follow-up session within 72 hours of the time you request. Clients must give us a timeline in which they are free to reschedule unless extreme circumstances such as a long-term hospitalization have occurred. Documented emergencies may be rescheduled within a week at no additional charge for private tutoring sessions.
- No show/Sign in but have nothing to cover and ask not to meet - No refund even if it is due to an emergency because the tutor has prepared for the session and is waiting for you.
- We thank you for your understanding and cooperation so that we can fairly serve you and respect our team.